Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Faith, hope, [mandala] love

Some days are easier than others when you've lost someone special in your life. I've mentioned on the blog before how much I love making mandalas. Zoodles, zentangles, mandalas, what ever you call them, their intricate process is very soothing. 



I started the shapes for three basic mandalas, then began to add details to my doodles. On a whim, I added some hearts and the word "love". From there I decided to do a mini homage to one of my favorite sections if the Bible, 1 Corinthians 13, using the three mandalas. So on another one, I was able to work in the word "faith" and a corresponding symbol of a cross. But after that I was really struggling to think of an appropriate symbol for hope. After sitting for a bit, I could almost hear my dad's voice and then I remembered, an anchor is a symbol of hope. My daddy loved sailing, so I always think of him when I think of boats, so it's very fitting this symbol was associated with hope. 



You may have seen the heart, cross and anchor merged in to one symbol, like below:


Wishing you all a Happy Father's Day. Go give the daddies in your life a hug. 



No comments:

Post a Comment