Thursday, May 22, 2014

Kandinsky ATCs Part 1

Here's a quick peek at some artist trading cards (ATCs) I made for a swap. The theme was Kandinsky, but we were challenged to utilize a resist and to paint while listening to jazz music! It was different but super fun. 

I'll post a second part to this post when my cards from the swap arrive!






Before I mailed them out, I did round the corners off. The cool thing about the ATCs is the size is set (2.3 x 3.5) so they will make a fun, uniform collection! This was my first time making ATCs and let me tell you, their size makes them super addictive. Talk about instant gratification! 

Ps. cheap art trick: you can use watered down rubber cement in lieu of traditional (and more expensive) masking fluid. 

2 comments:

  1. oh wow, wow, wow! these are ♥AWESOME♥ and very kandinsky-esque! brilliant, in every sense of the word.

    ps: loooooooooooove your profile blurb!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, Lauren! Thanks. These were so much fun to do, I'm thinking about making more with a tutorial to go with, so be on the look out!

      As for the blurb, *blush* thank you!

      Delete