Monday, March 3, 2014

Dr. Seuss Mandala

In honor of Theodor Seuss Geisel's birthday, which was yesterday, I thought I'd share an awesome mandala inspired by his art:

(Note: this is not my art work, it is a photo a friend sent me 
and I unfortunately do not know to whom to give credit. 
If you know who made this or which museum it resides in, let me know!) 

A friend saw this bright and happy mandala while at a museum a while back and sent me a text with a photo of it. Drawing mandalas is very soothing to me, which I've mentioned before, and I'm border line obsessed with Dr. Seuss, so I went ga-ga when I saw this photo. His art and wacky poetry just speak to me. I even did a Dr. Seuss theme for my son's first birthday. I think "One fish, Two fish, Red fish, Blue fish" might be my favorite book... though my hubby did get me hooked in "Fox in Socks". 

Do you have any childhood books that still speak to you? Which is your favorite Dr. Seuss book? Leave me a note in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment