Monday, January 6, 2014

Dairy Christmas

...and happy "moo" year!

A commission request for a Christmas card came in back in November: a Santa hat-wearing-Brahman cow. It was a fun project. Cows are really fun to paint, though I've never painted a Brahman in particular before. They have so much depth, given their muscular stature, that it makes for fun shading. The whole time working on this piece the phrase "dairy Christmas" was running through my head


How was your Christmas? After all the preparation for Thanksgiving, Christmas kinda snuck up on me this year. Since Christmas music can now be heard as early as August in the stores, I actively work to ignore the holiday until after Thanksgiving. By trying to do my shopping through out the year, I can usually avoid the stores during the hectic weeks prior, which really helps. The only problem is when I haven't finished my shopping by earlier and then the last minute scramble takes place.

Does this card give you an idea for a gift for someone? Would you like to see this available as a print in my shop next year? Leave me a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment