Monday, January 13, 2014

A walk on the wild side

It takes me a while to share some of the commissions I work on to be sure the customer is happy and to ensure there is no risk of spoiling any surprises. A couple of months ago I received the honor of being asked to design the invite for a friend's baby shower. The invites went out in December but I wanted to wait until after the event to share a peek at it. 



Her nursery is blue and grey with hints of chevron and animal prints, so I painted a coordinating blue giraffe and gray elephant to go with a gray chevron banner across the top. 


Its been a trial and error for me learning how to properly scan in my work for reproduction. You'd be amazed how many hours can go into ensuring the colors match the original and that any unwanted texture didn't come through on the scan. And depending on the monitor and printer, a lot of what you can see can change. Slowly but surely I'm learning more and hope to be able to stock my shop with prints this year. 

What are some things you'd like to see? Holiday items? Any occasion cards? Illustrated quotes? General painting? Leave me a note below and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment