Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Take three?

I'm not quite sure what I want to get out of this blog or why I keep it. I go through spurts of posting and then life steps in... There's such pressure to put something profound out there for people to see. Maybe no one even sees this thing. So here I am, trying this again. Not sure what I want to post about, so no pressure. Just when inspiration strikes... we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, here's a photo of a mandala I painted the other day. I tend to make color wheels, and to practice my handwriting when I hit a creative wall but lately I've seen more and more mandalas in my journals. Mandalas kinda are an extension of the color wheel in a way, so I find them soothing as well. 


 I used watercolor, Micron pens, and watercolor pencils in my gorgeous leather Firenze journal. One of my dearest friends bought it for me me on her trip to Florence last year. I started this journal in January for the New Year and have filled about two thirds of it. Hoping to have it done by the end of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment