Thursday, April 26, 2012

Gobble It Up


So we have been grazing on a Thanksgiving meal this week. B said he wanted Thanksgiving dinner, and I needed to make some room in the deep freeze. Although it was not the elaborate eighteen dishes I usually make, we had a simple meal with most of the essentials: Turkey, gravy, cranberries, stuffing, potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, corn... I almost made my pumpkin pie cheesecake but it wasn't happening this week.

The turkey was cleaned, trussed and in the oven in about 15 minutes. Easy peasy, right?
The turkey came out pretty darn yummy, if I say so myself, so I thought I'd share my super awesome recipe: 

Also, by foil coat I mean I took a sheet of aluminum foil and molded it around Kate's (I named my store bought turkey... I don't know why) chest before putting the lid on the roaster. I think it helps the white meat keep from drying out while the legs cook all the way through. I cook my turkey breast side up, though I've heard some cook it downward facing so it sits in the juices. Feel free to let me know what works for you! I am a big fan of really letting the meat sit before you start cutting. Since Kate finished cooking fairly quickly, I had time to let her sit while we fixed the sides.

In case you were wanting to see what you have to look forward to, here she is, in all her glory:

I realized after I took the picture, I trussed poor Kate upside down. Poor girl.


So there it is. Super, simple, AWESOME turkey. Have you made any thing yummy lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment