Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Catch 22

After a twenty-two month hiatus, I think I am ready to try this blogging thing again. Sorry, I was busy and this kinda dropped off. Nothing special, just getting married, becoming a mommy, ya know, same old same old. Hats off to all you full time bloggers. I'm impressed you accomplish as much as you do, and then find the time to post about it.

Not sure yet what I hope to get out of this blog, other than a place to document a little bit about our lives and share some of the stuff we manage do. I will probably do some back dated posts (I desperately need to clear the photos off my iPhone - Ha) to fill in the gap between posts.

I seem to go through cycles with making things. 2009 was knitting, 2010 it was spinning, 2011 was sewing, and it looks like 2012 is the year of words. I have practicing my handwriting, I mean calligraphy, doing a little book binding, and illustrating some quotes.

Saw this on MODG Blog. Kinda made me cry a little.

Even knocked out a few personalized birthday cards for my friends' kiddos.

Dino-mite first birthday for Barrett

Curious George second birthday party for Chloe


Color pencil and Faber Castell artist pen

Color pencil and Faber Castell artist pen

I was commissioned to make a custom print of the "Bloom Where You Are Planted" quote above for one of my husband's aunts. It is going in the mail this week, so fingers crossed she likes it. I'll post a pic once its delivered. I might make some prints of these quotes, or maybe some note cards. Let me know if you are interested!



2 comments:

  1. Nice job! I don't know how you find the time to do all you do! Fantastic! I think you are off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Not sure where this will go, but it has been fun so far. I like having one place to update everything.

    On a side note, still working designs for your site. I've been trying to translate the fonts and drawings into graphics. It's just been taking some time to reacquaint myself with photo editors.

    ReplyDelete