Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Paint chips... who knew?

So, let me start off, I really do not watch much television. As in maybe once every two months. I do not even have cable. Without the internet, I'd be completely ignorant of the world around me. Moving on.

I was out of town for a friend's wedding a few weeks ago, and decided to pop on the 48" flat screen in my room and was instantly greeted by this visual buffet:

( I found these screen shots on If It's Hip, It's Here)

Completely dumbfounded by the creativity of some person, I immediately hoped online to find out who this genius is.
Lo, and behold, the creative genius I sought is none other than Matthew Sporzynski ( the owner of New York's Couturier de Cardboard Inc), whose work you might recognize from, oh say, Better Homes & Gardens, Good Housekeeping, This Old House , Real Simple, and more.

Here are close ups from two of SW's printed ads from the campaign:


I personally adore Sherwin Williams paint. The walls of every place I have called home have been bettered by their paint. I usually like to stick to one strip for cohesiveness through out the house, but it takes me a bazillion years to decide what the final lucky strip will be, so I have accumulated a ridiculous amount of paint chips. I usually go a little German, and whip out the Scherenschnitte then paste them on a card or something. But that's just me.

I am glad to see paint ship being upcycled.

Here are a few of my favorite reuses:

Bookmarks
Jessica Jones, at How About Orange

Valentine's Day Cards
Elisa, at Heartspotting

Dining Room Table Redo
Fine Dining Chicago

Hairclip holder
Katey Terry, at Craftstylish

Business Card Holder
The Paper Element
(cute tutorial here)

And I think my personal favorite....
I Love Lamp
DIY Gadgets


Have you seen or come up with some other ideas???

No comments:

Post a Comment